- Liability of claim available
- Easy settlement of claim
- Coverage available for loss of harvest
- Experiments regarding crop-cutting is covered
Most Popular Policies of AIC Of India Ltd
- National Crop Insurance Programme
Government of India launched a farmer friendly crop insurance plan called National Crop Insurance Program.
Key features of National Crop Insurance Program
- Varsha Bima / Rainfall Insurance Plan
The Rainfall Insurance is a weather insurance policy designed for the farmers to give them financial coverage against rain-affected crops.
Key features of Rainfall Insurance Plan
- It helps mitigate the adverse effect of rainfall
- Transparent plan with flexible premium
- Quick claim settlement
- Inexpensive plan
- Pulp Wood Tree Insurance Policy
This India Government initiated crop insurance plan is crafted for those farmers who grow various pulp wood trees.
Key features of Pulp Wood Tree Insurance Policy
- Coverage available for total loss
- Partial losses are also covered
- Complete protection against natural calamities
- Policy tenure can be extended to 5 years
- Bio-Fuel Tree/Plant Insurance Plan
This insurance plan covers those farmers in India that help produce bio-fuels.
Key features of Bio-Fuel Tree/Plant Insurance Plan
- Payment of total sum assured if crop gets damaged
- Coverage available for all natural risks
- Optional extension of policy period up to 5 years
- Optional coverage against drought available
AIC Of India Ltd
Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited (AIC) is the largest provider of crop insurance. It was formed on 20th December, 2002 under the Indian Companies Act 1956 but started operating from 1st April, 2003. In almost 500 districts of India, we offer different crop insurance schemes. Based in New Delhi, India, we provide insurance coverages to farmers for protection against crop damages. In 2002, the Government of India had authorized a capital of Rs. 1500 crore to Agriculture Insurance Company of India. The General Insurance Corporation of India subscribed AIC of India Limited with an initial paid-up capital of Rs. 200 crores.
AIC aim to provide monetary support to over 20 million farmers in India experiencing yield losses as well as crop losses due to catastrophic disasters every year. There are 17 regional offices of Agriculture Insurance Company of India in all the state capitals of India.
List of insurance plans from AIC of India Limited
Contact Detail – Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited:
14, Kasturba Gandhi Marg,
New Delhi- 110001, India
Landline Nos; (+91 11) 46869800, Fax No: (+91 11) 46869815